Tuesday, 3 September 2013

Cold & Pink

As I said in the previous post, pink is expected to be one of the must-haves the upcoming season. Most of all in fashion, also inspiring pink in arts and photography. When I first saw bubble gum and pastel pink coats by Simone Rocha, Chloé, Sonia Rykiel, Céline and Carven, it was obvious that we would see this color a lot this fall/winter time. I actually loved the trend, though I've never been a big pink fan, I'd say I'd been even against pink for some time, having an opinion that this is a cliché feminine color. It actually is, but why not try it and make people see it in a new way? This season's pink items are not just about classical girly-Barbie style, but about changing this style by new silhouettes and styling.
Here comes my selection of pink trend's pictures. I especisally loved the new Carven campaign, by one of my favorite photographers Viviane Sassen. The "out of focus" style is very close to my aesthetic in fashion photography. One of the "pinky" collections is also that of Rochas, which I loved.
I found it interesting to find out some pink painting and photography, too. A source of inspiration ;) As always, in fashion, photos and painting I'm mostly impressed by geometrical shapes, more or less structured silhouettes and objects, volume.













Carven FW 2013-14; Simone Rocha FW 2013-14; Rochas Resort 2014; Natalia Vodianova at Moscow Dior show; Preetma Singh and Susie Bubble (from Le 21ème); shooting for Wonderland Magazine; Vika Gazinskaya from All The Pretty Birds blog






Ellen Richman "Untitled Pink Painting"; Kimberly Conrad; Egiyans Ruslan for blog.alexandrrogov.com; Matthias Heiderich photography

xx, gg


No comments:

Post a Comment